Position Description: The Graphic artist will be working on three projects, including assisting with the layout and publication of an exhibition catalog for the 2022 “W/O Limits: Art Disabilty & Chronic Illness” Exhibition, some updating of various artist and publications pages of the AAWR website, and a full color brochure for the “NewNow” Competitive Exhibition. There will also be an opportunity for the intern to take part in final touches to the installation of a new gallery exhibition, and work at the opening reception for the Collective Arts Network (CAN) Triennial Exhibition in July.
Skills: The intern should be proficient in Adobe software including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well as Microsoft office suite. Some WordPress experience is preferred but not essential. They should be creative, self- motivated and organized enough to work within hard print deadlines for completion of projects.
Schedule: They should be flexible enough in their work schedule to be available during AAWR open hours, Wed – Saturday (aside from the hours spent with the Studio Institute Group, or working remotely*), and willing to work some Saturdays. *Remote working may be considered if COVID outbreaks increase or if it better fits the interns schedule.
Compensation: This position pays $20/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Visit the Program Details page for more information.
BEFORE APPLYING, VERIFY YOU:
1) Will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student as of the Fall 2022 semester. You must be a Junior or Senior.
2) Attend college in Cleveland, or live within Cleveland or the boundary established by the Inner Ring Suburbs.
3) Have an Expected Family Contribution of less than $5000. This number is on your FAFSA form, to see what it looks like — click here.
1) To apply to a position, please click here and fill out the eligibility application form.
2) Once your eligibility application is reviewed and approved, Studio Institute will send you an email confirming your eligibility for the program. Note: once you’re verified as eligible for Arts Intern, you can apply to as many positions as you’d like. You do not have to submit the eligibility application more than once.
3) You will forward this confirmation email, along with your CV, cover letter, and transcript to the email below these instructions with the subject “Arts Intern Summer 2022 Approved Application”.
Once you’ve received confirmation of eligibility, email your application to Mindy Tousley at firstname.lastname@example.org