- This event has passed.
Laser Engraving Workshop and Collaborative Art Project Session 2
April 16 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFREE
Dates: Saturday, April 15th & Sunday, April 16th 1:00 – 4:00pm
Location: In-person at the Artists Archives of the Western Reserve
1834 East 123rd Street, Cleveland, OH 44106
As part of their ongoing Art & Technology programming series, the Artists Archives will host the Fab Cab, a portable makers space that will park in the museum’s main gallery for a two-day workshop event. Created and operated by the Campana Center of Ideation and Invention of Lorain County Community College, the Fab Cab is packed with the latest fabrication technology, including a laser cutter and computers with state-of-the-art drafting software.
During the small group workshops, artists will be able to create laser engravings of their own work which will be incorporated into a large-scale collaborative art piece for display in a future Campana exhibition.
How it works: Artists will be asked to bring in a few simple black & white images under 5 x 5”. These can also be brought on a flash drive as jpeg files. After an introduction to the equipment from Ryan Corrigan, Campana’s resident instructor, participants will use a CO2 laser to engrave their images onto provided precut materials including wood and acrylic. The engraved images will be embellished and assembled onsite for inclusion in the larger work. No idle wait time and never a dull moment!
What you need to bring:
- A few simple black & white images under 5 x 5” on paper OR as jpeg images on a flash drive. These can be drawings, designs, or photographs.
- Your favorite art supplies for embellishing your laser cut work (suggestions are paint markers, gel pens, acrylic ink, etc.), or a variety of papers for laser engraving.
- Jewelry tools, such as pliers of various types for handling D-rings (extras will be on hand).
The following materials will be provided:
- All engraving equipment including computers and CO2 laser cutter.
- Various precut materials to engrave images on (acrylic, wood, etc.)
- D-rings to assemble the pieces.
- Registration will be limited to 15 spots per session.
- Attendees can register for one day, or both days if they would like the opportunity to contribute more to the piece!
To take advantage of this wonderful, free opportunity,
select your date and register on Eventbrite
Need special accommodations? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-721-9020 for assistance. We’re happy to help!