- This event has passed.
Boo! Halloween Party and FUNdraiser
October 30, 2020 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm| $50
Location: Held virtually on ZOOM
Date/Time: Friday, October 30, 7:30 – 9:00pm
Cost: $50 per household (unlimited guests per household)
Surprise! The Archives is holding a Halloween pop-up virtual FUNdraiser.
The evening will feature ghoulishly good fun and games, a tour of a private collection of spooky art, and a costume contest (for humans or their pets!). Prizes will be given throughout the evening for the winners of the games and contests, including free passes to Holden Forests and Gardens, Ferrante Signature Series wine, original art by Marvin Jones, Richard Zeid, and other regional artists. The evening will be hosted by Uncle Toots (a division of Ray Caspio), and we assure you, surprises will abound!
All proceeds from this event will benefit the AAWR Legacy Society, which supports the conservation of our unique, growing collection of 10,000 works by 83 Ohio artists!
Donations given over the $50 ticket price, up to $1,000, will be generously matched by an anonymous member of the AAWR Board of Directors. and used for the Archiving Equity Initiative, which helps Ohio artists of color to overcome the financial barriers which can inhibit them from archiving.
To make additional donations to the Archiving Equity Initiative:
- Donate online via the Cleveland Foundation website
- Mail a check to the Artists Archives of the Western Reserve. 1834 East 123rd Street, Cleveland OH 44106 Please list “Archiving Equity” in the memo
- Call the Archives with a credit card. 216.721.9020
- Donate directly through Paypal Please list “Archiving Equity” in the comments field
HOW TO ATTEND BOO!
- Once you PURCHASE TICKETS ON EVENTBRITE, a Zoom event link will be sent in your confirmation email (Scroll down. The link is under the “additional information” section) Save the email and click on the link on Friday, October 30, 7:30 to join to party! Email email@example.com if you did not receive this.
- Getting close to the big day and can’t find your confirmation email? Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Two additional reminder emails with the Zoom link will be send 2 days before the party, then an hour before. Purchased tickets and didn’t receive a confirmation email? Call our offices, 216-721-9020 or Megan Alves, 814-282-4863 if it is after 4pm on Friday, October 30th.
About the Artists Archives: The Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (AAWR) is a unique archival facility and regional museum created to preserve representative bodies of work by Ohio visual artists. Through ongoing research, exhibition, and educational programs the AAWR actively documents and promotes this cultural heritage for the benefit of the public. The Artists Archives of the Western Reserve would also like to thank Ohio Arts Council, Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, the people of Cuyahoga County, the George Gund Foundation, the Bernice & David E. Davis Foundation, and the Zufall Foundation for their continuing support.
About Uncle Toots: Uncle Toots, a former actor turned sausage salesman and host, is quarantined in his Parma, Ohio ranch-style home, Toots Tower. Toots lives with his husband, who has not caught Covid yet. Toots is an avid rider of the Community Circulator and knows most things. He’s pleasured audiences for years through irreverent YouTube videos, theatrical appearances, and family dinners. Uncle Toots’ extensive art collection was acquired from the Woolworths and the Walgreens. Toots is managed by Ray Caspio, a multidisciplinary artist working in the realms of performance, illustration, and installation. Caspio’s works centers queer identity, satire, and playing with the boundary between artist and audience. Ray’s work has been performed at BorderLight International Theatre & Fringe Festival, Theater Ninjas, Cleveland Public Theatre’s Pandemonium, and the Cleveland Museum of Art. Ray’s illustrations have been shown through Maria Neil Art Project. Ray is a Creative Workforce Fellowship recipient and the founder of Michael Chekhov Center Cleveland. raycaspio.com