2019 Annual Member’s Exhibition
March 29 @ 5:30 pm - May 3 @ 7:30 pm
AAWR’s 2019 Annual Member’s Show is fast approaching! This is a non-juried show. One piece from each member *IN GOOD STANDING* will be accepted. To check on your AAWR membership status, call Megan Alves, Gallery & Archives Coordinator, 216.721.9020
Here are the submission details of this year’s Annual Members Exhibition:
- Show dates: March 29 – May 3, 2019
- Campus-wide opening reception: Friday, March 29, 5:30 – 8:00pm.
- One piece will be accepted from each AAWR member in good standing
- All work will be hung salon-style in the main gallery
- No entry fee
- Size will be restricted to 24” maximum in any direction (including frame)
- All media accepted. 3-D work welcome. All work must be original. NO GICLEE or other reproductions!
- 2-D work must be delivered ready to hang
- Works previously shown at the AAWR are not eligible for display!
- Exhibition attendees may vote for their favorite piece until 4pm on Friday, May 3. The four artists with the most votes will receive awards and cash prizes. Winners will be announced at the Closing Reception & Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 3, 6:30-7:30pm, directly following the AAWR Annual Meeting (5-6pm), which all members are welcome to attend.
Work can be dropped off on the following dates/times or by appointment:
- Tuesday, March 19, 10am – 5pm
- Wednesday, March 20, 10am – 6pm
- Thursday, March 21, 10am – 5pm
- Friday, March 22, 10am – 5pm
- Saturday, March 23, 12pm – 4pm
Questions? Contact Megan Alves, Gallery & Archives Coordinator, at 216.721.9020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Show:
Title of Exhibition: 2019 Annual Members Exhibition-
Dates: March 29th – May 3rd, 2019
Campus-Wide Opening Reception: Friday, March 29th, 5:30 – 8:00pm
Closing Reception & Awards Ceremony: Friday, May 3rd, 6:30 – 7:30pm following Annual Members Meeting, 5:00 – 6:00pm
The Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (AAWR) is proud to present the 2019 Annual Members Exhibition featuring over 100 original works from its talented member artists. The event will be celebrated with a campus-wide opening reception on Friday, March 29th, 5:30 – 8:00pm which includes simultaneous openings at The Sculpture Center and extended hours for the David E. Davis Studio & Gallery.
This exciting yearly tradition is known for both the quality and diversity of pieces submitted by its professional-level member artists. In years past, works on view have ranged from traditionally inspired portraits and oils to intricate, multi-media assemblages and innovative digital creations.
2019’s exhibition will continue the tradition of our “all inclusive” format, featuring 1 piece under 24” from each member artist, hung salon-style in the AAWR Main Gallery. Last year, 125 original, previously unexhibited works were displayed.
Show attendees may vote for their favorite work for the duration of the exhibition. The four most nominated artists will receive awards and cash prizes at the closing reception, directly following the Annual Meeting on Friday, May 4th.
The Artists Archives Annual Members Exhibition is exclusively open to artists with active AAWR memberships. To become a member and to take advantage of this unique exhibition opportunity, please call our offices at 216-721-9020 or click HERE for more details.