Exhibitions & Events
Health & Safety at AAWR | Mar 26
Due to the recent shut down of all non-essential business, we will be closed to the public until further notice. The following changes have also been made to our 2020 Annual Members Exhibition
- To respect social distancing, we will replace our live streamed opening reception with the release of a video tour lead by Chief Curator and Executive Director Mindy Tousley. Join the watch party on Facebook at 6:00pm on Friday, March 27th for live comments from Tousley, AAWR staff and a spirited array of exhibiting artists! For those that can’t attend, the video will also be posted on Instagram and artistsarchives.org
- Though the gallery is currently closed to the public, exhibition highlights will be released tri-weekly via Facebook and email. In support of the artists in these difficult times, artwork will be digitally available for sale. To buy, email email@example.com with "purchase" as the subject line, and the name of the artist in the body of the email, along with your contact info (including phone number). An AAWR staff member will contact you shortly!
- Viewers may vote online for their favorite piece! To cast a vote, subscribe to AAWR’s newsletter, and at the end of the show, a ballot will be sent to the safety of your inbox. The top 4 artists will receive awards and cash prizes- winners will be announced digitally!
- All Members Exhibition programming, the Annual Members Meeting, and the Closing Reception have been cancelled. We will keep you up to date as new opportunities arise!
- AAWR’s 2020 exhibition schedule will alter to accommodate prolonged social distancing, and the Annual Members Exhibition will also be extended to a date to be later announced.
All Artists Archives staff is currently working remotely, but are available via email during regular business hours (firstname.lastname@example.org) Stay safe, take care of each other, and stay creative!
2020 Annual Members Exhibition | Mar 27 - TBA
Satellite Exhibition | Cleveland Convention Center | Table for Two: Harriet Ballard Moore & Patricia Zinsmeister Parker | Feb 11 - Jan 2021
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Art without Limits has been CANCELLED. Please stay tuned for future programing opportunities at the Artists Archives of the Western Reserve and stay safe out there! ****** As part of its 2020 Annual Members Exhibition, the Artists Archives welcomes the return o...
April 4 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
DONATE NOW! Archiving Diversity Initiative
Keep seeing! As a continuation of seenUNseen 's mission to increase the visibility of Ohio's African American artists, the Artists Archives of the Western Reserve has established a fund to overcome financial barriers that can inhibit regional artists of color from archiving their work. Managed by the Cleveland Foundation, this fund seeks to diversify AAWR’s permanent collection, creating a more equitable representation of Ohio’s rich visual culture. To donate- visit the Cleveland foundation website (Artists Archives of the Western Reserve Artists of Color Fund), call our offices 216.721.9020, or send a check to the Artists Archives of Archives, 1834 East 123rd Street, Cleveland OH 44106, with “Archiving Diversity” in the memo.
Now Available for Purchase
The Artists Archives of the Western Reserve (AAWR) presents The Archives Speak.
The Archives Speak is our landmark publication and the definitive information source guide for our first 62 Archived Artists. The book contains the Archived Artists’ portraits, biographical information, career information, and examples of their artwork. Written by Rotraud Sackerlotzky & Roger Welchans. Copyright © 2014